It is my goal to aggressively help custodial parents collect past-due child support and to obtain a higher rate of return than the Texas Office of the Attorney General. In addition, the Office of the Attorney General does not usually collect the full amount of interest. Interest can increase the unpaid child support by as much as eight times the original amount.
Call me today at 682-234-2006 or email me to schedule your free initial consultation and let me answer your questions. I want to be an advocate for you and your children.
Texas courts want noncustodial parents to help support their families. Therefore, when they do not, the tools available to collect the unpaid child support or medical support are quite extensive. Tools I will use on your behalf are available to encourage payment or sources of funds to be used for payment include the following:
- Wage garnishment
- Property liens
- Bank account liens and levies
- 401k and any other retirement plans
- Social Security garnishment
- Tax refund garnishment
- Escrow accounts on homestead mortgages
- License suspension (e.g., professional, drivers, hunting, fishing)
- Writs of execution on non-exempt real estate and personal property
- Any financial resource that can be found
If you are owed unpaid child support or medical support, you can collect until every penny is paid. Unpaid child support is not a dischargeable debt through bankruptcy, it is not dissolved after a subsequent divorce, and it does not disappear on death. Please call me to discuss your particular circumstances.