A bit about me, Sandra Thompson…
As a native Texan, I take great pride in being a family law attorney who provides affordable legal services to the Dallas–Fort Worth Metroplex and its surrounding counties. My job is to help you protect what matters to you most: your family and the assets that help take care of your family.
I understand that sometimes clients have to make difficult choices, particularly in family law–related cases, and I strive to educate my clients about the law and its relationship to the specifics of their situation so they can make informed decisions. That is why I offer a free initial consultation.
Prior to practicing law, I was a medical and scientific editor, and the Board of Editors in the Life Sciences awarded me membership after I passed its certification examination in 2001. I also taught classes in composition and American and British literature at Texas Woman’s University in Denton, Texas, where I completed the coursework necessary for a doctoral degree in Rhetoric. The university honored me by admitting me as one of the first five inductees in its Women’s Collection of Electronic Texts.
My pre-law education and experience have made me particularly good at drafting documents that are unambiguous and conflict-free. As an editor of highly technical texts, where meanings change with the placement of a comma, I have a highly honed eye for detail.
I earned my Juris Doctor degree at the Texas Wesleyan University School of Law.
To my clients, I promise
- to be responsive to your needs;
- to always thoroughly and promptly communicate details of your case so you can make intelligent, informed decisions;
- to expedite your case or legal matter as quickly as possible without sacrificing quality work;
- to charge reasonable, affordable rates; and
- to represent you professionally to the best of my ability every time.
- State Bar of Texas; Family Law Section
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Tarrant County Family Law Bar Association