A decision made while your children were younger, or a decision made while you were working in your past employment position, may no longer work.

Anyone who has gone through a divorce—no matter it was months or years ago—knows that life goes on and sometimes changes dramatically. Although as an attorney, I make every effort to obtain enduring divorce agreements that stand the test of time, people remarry, lose jobs, get higher paying jobs, and/or relocate out of state. When these sorts of events happen, clients approach me with the aim of modifying a divorce decree.

Under Texas law, you can file a case with the original court for modifying a divorce decree, but you can also resist an attempt at modification. I will aggressively represent people involved in post-decree modifications: both those who are seeking to have changes made and those who contest the proposed changes.

To make the process as easy as possible, I offer affordable, high-quality legal help, with free initial consultations. Call me today at 682-234-2006 or email me to schedule your appointment so I can answer your questions and help you with your concerns.

It is important to note that I also serve couples who were never married but who do have children together. These couples will not have a divorce decree, but rather a SAPCR (Suit Affecting the Parent–Child Relationship) order.

Modifications include the following:

It is important to note that for a modification to be granted, there must be a material and substantial change in circumstances of one of the parties or of the child, that is, something has significantly impacted a party and makes the current order unsuitable.